Animals 2001
Sep 12, 2001 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased this today thinking it was just a remaster. Anybody else have this? I kinda like it.

60491772.jpg

Sep 12, 2001 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 8
Hmmmm....Pink Floyd tribute albums, think I will pass on these.

Have not heard these but my experience with any of these type albums is they are never as good as the original. I always wonder what is the point?

BTW I can see where many people will buy this thinking it is Floyd
remaster, very deceptive packaging! Many Floyd albums were remastered in 4/2000 by Doug Sax on Capital/EMI label.

Sep 13, 2001 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 8
Listening to this CD more and more. I think it's actually pretty good. I'm going the get the Wall remake now. It reminds me of my youth when I was using...umm...stimulants.

Sep 15, 2001 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 8
Yes, I posted my short, positive comments here:

http://forums.consumerreview.com/crforum?50@@.eeb661e

I do believe they've been busy. I think they just released a Who's Next tribute album. Don't have the Wall one, but do have the DSOTM one -- it was okay. Animals one is best so far.

I disagree that the album packaging is deceptive. It is also a tribute and anyone familiar with the original would recognize this one as having the colours wrong, amongst other things. There's a tinge of wrong hue that the Pink Floyd album does not have.

I agree that many tribute albums suck...scratch that, I like tribute albums, but I'd say it's about a 50/50 shot in general (of it sucking). It goes up if it's done all by the same group of musicians. Note, for example, my comments in the same referenced post about the Frog Brigade tribute to the same album. Most various artists tribute albums have a couple of good tracks on them, and a couple that suck. Most recent tribute album that I've heard that's good -- the Tori Amos tribute album, _Songs of the Goddess_ or _Songs from the Goddess_ or _Songs to the Goddess_ or...whatever it's called, I can never remember the preposition...ANYWAY...it's the various artists one on Cleopatra that came out this year, not that other one done by one artist that came out priorly...

Sep 17, 2001 at 4:49 AM Post #8 of 8
The Animals remake by Les Claypool you will NOT mistake for a remaster.
Pretty much a note for note remake recorded live... pretty good... esp. if ya like Claypool's fat bass.
Les Claypool's Frog Brigade--Live Frogs: Set 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back