Anedio D1 or Burson HA-160d?
Jan 30, 2011 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RipcordAFF

Head-Fier
Well, I have been thinking about replacing my PA Decco2 + Matrix M-Stage with an all-in-one DAC+Preamp+head amp and had pretty much settled on the Burson HA-160d...the reviews here seem pretty good and the Six Moons review was gushing over it. However, I recently read Project 86's review of the Anedio D1 and now I am not so sure. It looks like its an interesting product. I like the matching amp, but that would be much later...

Anyone have any perception about how these would stack up? I have a nearfield computer set-up. The only cans I have at the moment are k701s  and the speakers will be Ascend Sierra-1s (probably). Both are fairly new, so this may be in vain, but any thoughts would be appreciated!

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Is the motivation for this to reduce the component count or is there some sonic change you are trying to achieve? 

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 4
I suppose a little of both. I am trying to declutter the desk a bit. I have no burning desire to achieve any sonic improvements, but too much time spent on here worsens my upgrad-itis.....

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, I own the D1 and love it.  I went with it over the Burson because of 2 reasons.  1) Optical/BNC inputs, 2) Remote Control

The sound quality is really great, however, I haven't heard the Burson - but I have no 'itch' to try anything else becuase the D1 is just that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back