Android USB to Headphone Jack audio passthrough? Possible?
Mar 13, 2022 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EmileM

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

So I've been tinkering with my LG V30 phone, love the sound signature. I think this phone would enable a good portable dj setup.

Looking at the available dj apps as a bit lackluster, I'm now thinking of essentially using it as an audio processing device. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with such a thing?

Essentially what I'm looking to do is use traktor pro 3 on a MacBook, send audio through USB to the USB on the phone, and out the headphone jack. (having been processed by the system audio).

Is it possible? If so, does anyone know of apps that will enable such a thing? Having difficulty finding answers through Google...

Cheers

Mar 13, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 6
Why not just plug the headphones directly into the Macbook?

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Davy, before creating the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) developed USB Audio Recorder Pro (LINK, w/c I was using before UAPP came). Able to record amd playback from USB devices/interfaces. Try it. It was 9-10 years ago...so don't know what it is today.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Could do I suppose. I just want to take advantage of the audio processing on the phone, the eq, the dac etc. The audio quality on the MacBook is poor.
Apple products usually come with a very decent DAC function, but of course your ears are the final judge on that.
I would assume the Traktor Pro 3 software would offer better EQ function, than your phone's app.
Have you tried using a different music player app, just to make sure is a DAC issue, not just some audio program (Traktor) settings issue?
You might consider getting one of these DACs and connect it to the Macbook, than connect the headphones to the DAC.
https://hifimediy.com/product-categ...-category/dacs/ready-made-dacs/&orderby=price
What is the make and model of your headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back