Android settings / app for crossfeed
Nov 29, 2022 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CosItsOneLouder

New Head-Fier
I am using a Samsung S10 and Sony XM4s (Comply buds well worth it with these IMHO) for my commute. Currently just using the Samsung Music app to play FLACs of the micro SD card, or quobuz for downloaded stuff. I would like to have better EQ and add some crossfeed to the signal. Is there a better playback app that includes this? I can live without Qobuz for this as most of my audio if just local FLAC playback.

I haven't seen a crossfeed option on the current playback setup (but could just be missing it).

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't know about the built in but with a Android phone that old you should be able to root it and use Viper4Android or JamesDSP to do system wide EQ that will apply to all audio.

I'm using LG phones because they include system wide EQ controlls. You should be able to pick one up that is newer than your S10 but still at a low price since LG has exited the phone market.

Nov 29, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 6
Nov 29, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #5 of 6
I am using Viper4Android and JamesDSP for phone-wide EQ and Convolution with impulse response, also crossfeed and HRTF mods. These apps are superior over any other sound modification app I’ve tried for android.

Problem/Requirement though is they need root access to your smartphone, and rooting a phone is a bit of a hassle for people not familiar with rooting and CustomROM installation. But if you are willing to go that road you’ll get really good sound apps with lots of customization options. Plus you can install a CustomROM offering much more privacy etc. I definitely recommend it, but you will need to invest some time into it.

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 6
I am using a Samsung S10 and Sony XM4s (Comply buds well worth it with these IMHO) for my commute. Currently just using the Samsung Music app to play FLACs of the micro SD card, or quobuz for downloaded stuff. I would like to have better EQ and add some crossfeed to the signal. Is there a better playback app that includes this? I can live without Qobuz for this as most of my audio if just local FLAC playback.

I haven't seen a crossfeed option on the current playback setup (but could just be missing it).

Neutron Music Player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back