Android: Poweramp vs PlayerPro vs Uber Music
Feb 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #16 of 25

Quote:
I don't think the software plays a big difference, or any. Its just the GUI that you may or may not prefer.

That's definitely not true. The players might have many different features that affects the sound and playback. For example: gapless playback, support for lossless or other non standard codecs, stereo expander, different kinds of EQ, crossfade, different DSP effects like reverb, crossfeed, Ambiophonics R.A.C.E., preamp/gain control, clip control, replay gain.... Those were some of the musical features. Then there are other features that might be important: database or folder playback, or both, does it support album artist tags, or multi disc albums, lyrics support, album art download, FM scrobble, streaming support, metadata lookup, social media communication, etc.

The GUI is the least important IMO. I don't care if it is ugly as hell. The most important is the musical features. 

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 25
I may go back to an iPhone - just for the simplicity. SQ, IMO, is no longer an issue. I'm just tired on the buggy nature on Android. I had to do a reset of my phone today,...bummer!!! :frowning2:

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
I may go back to an iPhone - just for the simplicity. SQ, IMO, is no longer an issue. I'm just tired on the buggy nature on Android. I had to do a reset of my phone today,...bummer!!! :frowning2:

Nooooooooooooooooooo!  Don't go back to the dark side.

I've had pretty close to zero bugs with me Razr, thankfully.  Very solid phone for those out there looking.  Can't wait for the ICS upgrade.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 25

Quote:
Nooooooooooooooooooo!  Don't go back to the dark side.

I've had pretty close to zero bugs with me Razr, thankfully.  Very solid phone for those out there looking.  Can't wait for the ICS upgrade.

IF I could get the Razr Maxx on AT&T I would reconsider,...besides - I AM The DarkSide!!! 
wink_face.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #20 of 25

Quote:

If you do it, then a month later you'll be complaining  that it bores you. You know I'm right!
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #21 of 25

Quote:
If you do it, then a month later you'll be complaining  that it bores you. You know I'm right!
tongue_smile.gif

I'll be good till it's upgrade time again,...and that's what matters. I'm eligible for upgrades every year. 
L3000.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #23 of 25
So, I have a new phone here running Andriod, I've only had it a few days, considering I came from a Nokia N95 I am still learning.

I knew about these apps especially Equalizer which is installed on my ipod touch 2G.

Immediately when I got the phone I installed Poweramp and Player Pro, but never really bothered using them. Last night I was watching a movie with the Crackle TV app, I paused the movie for a second and noticed there was still music playing in the background ( I don't know how it started). With my audiophile ear I could instantly tell what ever app was running displayed decent SQ, even from the rear speaker phone, I couldn't see anything open in notifications (remember I'm still learning) so I went into application manager and found out what was running. Low and behold I opened up Poweramp and was greeted with all these wonderful settings and features, I plugged my Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 in and almost fell to the floor with what I was hearing come out of this phone.

After playing with the EQ settings a little knowing the file playing was 320kbps, I started pondering with not much hope such an app would play FLAC, so I googled it... YOU BEAUTY FLAC support, gapless and all these amazing features. To put it simply this was the most impressive SQ I have ever heard come out of a phone, I bought the full version straight away. What a legendary app, I must say, very decent sound.

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #24 of 25
Yeah, Poweramp is pretty decent - it's in top 3 of the best android music apps. As far as sq, Neutron is the winner but I know most people care too much about fancy UI and go with PlayerPro and Poweramp.

May 29, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #25 of 25
 Another app needs to be mentioned, Jet Audio. It has a very easy to use UI with multiple enhancment options similar to the Neutron Player but overall limited number of tweaks. Although compared to Power Amp , Jet Audio has more options in case of sound manipulation. Only one issue with the Jet Audio UI is the manual adjustment accuracy of EQ, which is not a problem with Power Amp. 

In overall UI design these are my favorite apps in descending order. 

1. Jet Audio
2. Power Amp
3. Neutron Player

In ovarall SQ these are my favorite apps in descending order. 

1. Neutron Player
2. Power Amp 
3. Jet Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back