android player for network shared files
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thoughtcriminal

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I just set up my desktop to share files on the network. I was wondering if there is an app that can access my music from my android tablet and tag browse it. I'm using es file explorer and it works, but it doesn't offer any real functionality. Thanks

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 4
If your music library isn't HUGE ( under 20k songs ), you could just use Google Music. Upload all your stuff, then play it back from the built in app. You may have to adjust some tags/album art once it's all done, depending on how specific you'd like to be. The service does support FLAC. However, once you're done uploading and you want to save a song to your tablet's internal storage, it'll only be 320.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 4
If your music library isn't HUGE ( under 20k songs ), you could just use Google Music. Upload all your stuff, then play it back from the built in app. You may have to adjust some tags/album art once it's all done, depending on how specific you'd like to be. The service does support FLAC. However, once you're done uploading and you want to save a song to your tablet's internal storage, it'll only be 320.

That really isn't an option as I have probably 400 CDs between my fathers collection and mine. I use amazon cloud player to keep some songs, but I'm looking for a more LAN solution, as this data is also shared with the ps3, laptop, and another tablet

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Hey everyone. I just set up my desktop to share files on the network. I was wondering if there is an app that can access my music from my android tablet and tag browse it. I'm using es file explorer and it works, but it doesn't offer any real functionality. Thanks

How about using UPnP / DLNA?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1830#post_9236507

Users who are viewing this thread

Back