Android phone with best sound quality and volume for use with ATH-m50's?
Feb 7, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #16 of 19
I've never tried the Sensation XE, but I did have the original Sensation for a while before I sold it. The sound was better then some other phones I've tried, but at the end I ended up going to the Galaxy S Vibrant instead. 

As for the OP's question, voodoo control should give you more volume then you'll ever need. 

I actually feel like the GalaxyS phones are really underrated as portable sources. I actually prefer the sound of my Q701s direct from my Vibrant over my budget DACs (musiland 02 and fiio e10).

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #17 of 19
I can vouch for the Sensation/XE (currently using one). Has a better soundstage than my iPod Touch 2G, but doesn't get as loud. Definetly sounds better than a stock SGS1.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
 Dunno tbh, I find this recent Head-fi obsession with DAC chip origins a little bemusing to be honest, surely as with all audio electronic, we have learnt that the sum is greater than the parts and that all that matters is what you get at the end of the pipe.

You can have "good" chips sound crap and vice versa.

The DAC in the sensations does its job very well, and IIRC, there is also a SRS/Dolby module, which would perhaps explain the amazing soundstage i (Think) i get.

Mmm, I wonder what is the setup on the Sensation then. If you say it sounds so good, it has to have quality parts in it,no? I guess that's why everyone in Head-fi's so into the DAC part. Especially since DAC plays a big part in how the music sounds. Like the Nexus S which I'm using with Voodoo, there's an option which says 'bypass analog channel mixer' which enables it to fully utilize the Wolfson DAC in the phone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back