Android Music Player for Large Collections
Aug 16, 2020 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ipaddy

human bean
So, I have many tens of thousands of songs in my collection. Possibly typical for a generation that grew up collecting.

I also now have a FIIO M11 Pro player. Problem is, all the music software I've tried running on it, including top ones, choke or have long delays when searching or going from song to song. This includes the company's own player, and Neutron, USB Audio, and even Hiby to a certain extent. This is, of course, after doing full initial indexing.

So, irrespective of other features, there *must* be a player that is very efficient at large collections, that will not burp or take a coffee break when you search or go from song to song. I don't think it's the player, since this one is reasonably higher end. So which ones have you used that work fine?

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 2
probably of little help,but could it be your SD Card? I've been using A&K's budget end AK70 MkII for a couple of years loaded with around 450gb (on 400gb Sandisk Ultra microSDXC & internal memory) of flac or above quality recordings. It takes a couple of minutes on start up from cold to scan the files and it takes a couple of seconds to refresh the album artwork images if you scroll through your album collection index, but other than that there's no 'burps' at all, everything is pretty instant and seamless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back