Android EQ settings for HD58X's
Jul 2, 2021 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Davidzak64

Headphoneus Supremus
I was curious if anyone else uses Equalizer settings with these HP'S? If so, can share their configuration? My HP'S are stock now and seem to respond best to the settings below.
From my Samsung A-10 phone. It pushes them to a very decent volume. Quite enjoyable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210702-124402_SoundAlive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210702-124402_SoundAlive.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 5
You could just not use the EQ.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 5
You could just not use the EQ.
I could but it's not as satisfying. I'm not an audio purist kind of guy. Listening fatigue from 7 to 10 Khz sets in. All headphones aren't perfect. Some have frequency spikes and dips as I'm sure you are aware. Do you own HD58X's and find them to sound best flat EQ? I've done plenty of A/B testing from normal (flat) to EQ'd and find these settings to my liking and was just wondering if anyone else tweaked their frequencies on the HD58X's. Not to start a To EQ or Not to EQ debate.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #4 of 5
I could but it's not as satisfying. I'm not an audio purist kind of guy. Listening fatigue from 7 to 10 Khz sets in. All headphones aren't perfect. Some have frequency spikes and dips as I'm sure you are aware. Do you own HD58X's and find them to sound best flat EQ? I've done plenty of A/B testing from normal (flat) to EQ'd and find these settings to my liking and was just wondering if anyone else tweaked their frequencies on the HD58X's. Not to start a To EQ or Not to EQ debate.
Me, I never use EQ, I would assume the sound engineer that makes the music recording has already spent lots of time trying to "perfect" the audio.
Also when using the EQ, when you change the sound in one area, it affects the audio in other areas (for good or bad).
So to me using the EQ is more of a personal preference and as other do not live in side your head, they may have no idea on what EQ changes might help you (in a generalized sense).
The HD58X have a more musical (fiesta) sound, so I liked to use them with a DAC (with solid state head amp) that is more into audio detail (clarity).
I would rather use an EQ that changes the audio, while it's still in a digital forum (pre DAC signal), which I think offers better control, then using an analog EQ (post DAC signal).

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 5
I would rather use an EQ that changes the audio, while it's still in a digital forum (pre DAC signal), which I think offers better control, then using an analog EQ

That's exactly what I'm doing at the source before the Dac from the phone. I'm sending it to my Loxjie D30 Dac and then to my Topping L30 amp. Like I said I'm happy with the results but Android has a limited EQ. I'm using Amazon HD Music Flat EQ and android to smooth out the fatigue in the 7-10 Khz frequencies. The first file attachment is my android eq settings. I've tried it Flat but fatigue sets in after a couple songs. The results are similar just plugging straight into the phone. I've also tried a FX Audio tube-03 buffer with GE tubes in line but didn't care for nasally vocals verified by a switch box and A/B testing. I thought it might smooth them a bit but it just added a bit of unwanted distortion. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue with HD58X'S and what their solution was. I also have the HE-400i's that I use the same settings for. Both of these headphones are a great bargain that are very hard to beat. I prefer the HE-400i's slightly over the HD58X'S when using an amplifier. The HD58X'S also sound really good even without one. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back