Android DAP: Useful apps?
Jul 7, 2015 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

miguelito

Head-Fier
I have a Sony NW-ZX2 and I keep it very lean from an app standpoint.

I would like a few shortcuts or apps to:
1- Unmount the SD card
2- See the files in memory and the SD card
3- Choose wifi networks easily

Is there something already built into Android that I am missing? I'm an iPhone person...

Any apps people would recommend to have?

Thx!

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello,

I don't know which version of Android is used in the NW-ZX2 but in the latest versions of Android you just have to put your fingers from the top of the screen to the middle to display notifications, and a second time to show the fast settings. Alternatively there are widgets that allow you to change the brightness and WiFi source very easily (not sure if they are already available on naked Android or if you need to download something).

To see the files on the SD card, there are many but I personally use "ES Explorer File" on my Nexus 5. Might be too much for your needs but it's very nice. You can also access network files if you're on WiFi and got a NAS or other network shared ressource.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hello,

I don't know which version of Android is used in the NW-ZX2 but in the latest versions of Android you just have to put your fingers from the top of the screen to the middle to display notifications, and a second time to show the fast settings. Alternatively there are widgets that allow you to change the brightness and WiFi source very easily (not sure if they are already available on naked Android or if you need to download something).

To see the files on the SD card, there are many but I personally use "ES Explorer File" on my Nexus 5. Might be too much for your needs but it's very nice. You can also access network files if you're on WiFi and got a NAS or other network shared ressource.

Android version is 4.2. Bit old but that's what it is.

I do have the option of sliding a finger from the top, then hitting the settings, then, say, choosing wifi, but frankly it's a bit cumbersome. I much rather have say a shortcut on the main screen to say unmount the SD card or choose wifi networks.

Thx for the recommendation BTW...

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 4
For Wifi: found this widget https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenlogger.widget.wifi

For anything you need, just go to the play store on your device (if you have access to it).
Here is the web version where you can browser the apps anyway: https://play.google.com/store/apps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back