Android App for Music with ALAC
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sandaz93

Head-Fier
Hey guys,
                   I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Player (SGP), but all of my music is in Apple Lossless (ALAC), MP3, WMA, and MPEG-4. Therefore, the stock SGP music app won't work. Does anyone know of any good Android Music Apps that will also support ALAC? All my music is on an SD card so the app will have to read from the SD card.

Also, I've heard reviews that the SGP has slightly worse SQ than the Ipod Touch 4g. Any truth to this?

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 3
The stock audio software on the SGP is not all that great.  It is super simple to use, but at volumes 50% and above it sounds rather muddy.  I have tested Neutron and PowerAMP and either one is far superior to the stock software for sound quality.  PowerAMP is probably the best polished software out there...great volume control and EQ with Crossfeeding.  I wanted to like Neutron, but the UI is a bit quarky and the EQ is only really a three band which is sub-par.  The good thing with the SGP is that it is a full Android so you can go to the Android market and download and test virtually any player offered for free to see what best suits your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back