Android and Stand Alone DACS
Oct 14, 2016 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ferro

New Head-Fier
Hello, First time posting obviously. I've been lurking for a few months on and off when looking for information.

I want to take the jump into a stand alone DAC, specifically the Bifrost, although I have been looking at the Audeze Deckard Amp/DAC combo as well.

My question is, with an OTG cable will I be able to plug and play through the DAC with my phone (Galaxy S6)? I'm streaming with Tidal mostly. I am unable to see if anyone uses a similar configuration. 

Thank you, and sorry if this doesn't make sense. I am in italy. I can try to explain more if needed.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 2
USB audio support is sketchy with Android devices so unless someone is using the exact setup that you want to use you many not be able to get a definitive answer.

The Galaxy S6 has the ability to work with USB audio devices and you will almost certainly want to use USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO [UAPP] from the Play Store. For use with desktop DAC setups you may also need to use an externally powered USB hub as the power draw will probably exceed the specifications for the S6 OTG port. I have used the Schiit Modi with the S5 & S7 but had to use a USB hub.

I can't remember if the S6 cam with both Snapdragon and Exynos versions; if it did then make sure anyone confirming that the DAC setup you want was working with the same processor variant that you are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back