Android 8 Car Radio and USB/SPDIF converter for fine sound results
Mar 27, 2018 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bluemask

New Head-Fier
Hi,

since 2012 i'm a follower of android car radio scene (chinese products). In few years the development of these products has achieved surprising results, with great reliabilty and multi purpose performances at affordable prices.
The only aspect that never satisfied of these products was the lack of audio quality compared to non-android (and sometimes cheap) car radios.
My android car radio is actually a Xtrons like for Audi A3 (model PB76AA3AP), with latest Android 8 and without an internal DSP.
I partially solved the problem of the low pre-out of this radio by connecting the radio speaker output to my Audison AP 8.9 DSP amplifier installed in car.
But i'd like to bring digital output from android radio via USB to the Audison DSP. I read a lot of info on the net about USB/SPDIF converters and yesterday i found the Matrix X-SPDIF 2 .
For your best audio experience compared to mine, is this product a good solution for my intention?
Is there an alternative solution?
thanks in advance

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #2 of 2
I read a lot of info on the net about USB/SPDIF converters and yesterday i found the Matrix X-SPDIF 2 .
For your best audio experience compared to mine, is this product a good solution for my intention?

You need to double check the power requirements. Looking at the specs it needs 5v, 500mA via USB and AC power for into its AC-DC power brick. The latter will be a little bulky but easy to deal with - you can just run a 12VDC to 110v inverter and plug in the power brick. Alternately if you can find a 12VDC to 9VDC, 800mA power supply, then that will work too. The problem is the USB power but you won't really be able to be sure about that until you try it.

Is there an alternative solution?

Upgrade to one of the newer processors that take USB digital audio inputs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back