And the upgraditis continues...
Jan 2, 2007 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a step up from my LDM+ and PA2V2, which are great little amps, but I think are now my weakest audio link in my portable audio setup. So as I wait for my Xin Supermicro IV(probably get it...oh...March.), I'm looking for a step up from those two portables amps.

I currently own a Super.Fi 5 Pro and Shure E2C's (possible purchase of UM1's as well, as I heard they're incredibly comfortable.) on a rotation, depending on whether I want to use 200 dollar IEM's or not. The two amps I'm definitely looking at right now are the Go-Vibe V5 (don't know the difference is with the V5S in sound quality, etc.) and the Xtra X-1, which has seem to be getting good reviews. My budget is around $150 bucks for an amp. Any other suggestions are welcome.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 3
From stock, the V5 and V5S are identical in terms of effect, but the V5S enables op-amp rolling which will let you tailor the sound to your liking to some extent. If you're going for a Go-Vibe, a V5 may not be so much of a bad choice since you are getting a Supermicro eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back