And M40x on sale, go for them? Or save and wait
Aug 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pandaprox

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I found a deal on the M40x by audio technica for $70 new and I was wondering if it's something I should jump on. I know it's more neutral sounding than the m50x (from what reviewers say) so I wanted to get them as soon as I saw this deal. But I've wanted the Beyerdynamic DT770 ever since I've been researching headphones under 200 because I heard the m50s were overrated.
I was wondering if these headphones will be a good start into headphones or if I should just save the extra 70-80 and buy the dt770s.
Ill have a pair of vsonic vsd3s in the meantime, but I've always wanted a good pair of headphones for home use.

Thanks for any help

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 2
Hey guys. I found a deal on the M40x by audio technica for $70 new and I was wondering if it's something I should jump on. I know it's more neutral sounding than the m50x (from what reviewers say) so I wanted to get them as soon as I saw this deal. But I've wanted the Beyerdynamic DT770 ever since I've been researching headphones under 200 because I heard the m50s were overrated.
I was wondering if these headphones will be a good start into headphones or if I should just save the extra 70-80 and buy the dt770s.
Ill have a pair of vsonic vsd3s in the meantime, but I've always wanted a good pair of headphones for home use.

Thanks for any help

I personally prefer Shure SRH940 over M50 (not X) and many more headphones, research about Shure SRH840 since it is more bassy
but for $70 M40X would be fine

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back