ANC Is More Complicated Than It Sounds: Advanced ANC Headphone Measurements
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #76 of 77
Finally got around to watching this @jude. Great video and I think we are in for some really exciting times! It feels like it has been forever since anything revolutionary has happened in our hobby. The research has all been there - now the consumer side finally has the digital processing power and hardware that is capable of recording and replaying the full audible spectrum.

There are actual quality of life improvements for the medical and consumer field that is a completely new thing that I don't even think people here really talk about.

I have such a love/hate relationship with Apple right now and the iPod... oh what did you do Apple? Luckily there are still companies out there that care about making a good sounding ANC product at a reasonably sane price (Sony, Samsung, Bose, Sennheiser, Audeze)

I hope to see some of the CanJam Seminars - sounds like it should be a real solid event this year.

Mar 9, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #77 of 77
The people over at Audio Science Review could really learn few things from this guy. Great to see someone actually doing scientific work to explain what humans perceive, rather that just blindly trusting whatever measurement standard they have, and disregarding anything not showing up on it, as lies and delusions of filthy humans...
I wish I had found this earlier in my audio journey. It is so hard to sort through all the snake oil in this industry and figure out what is actually impacting the sound quality and what is just marketing. Maybe its time I read the Harman Kardon research haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back