ANC Headphones noise when wired and ANC on
Dec 4, 2019 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HenkdeFries

New Head-Fier
Using Sony 1000XM3, Bose 700 and Taotronics Soundsurge 46 when wired and with Active Noise Cancellation on there is an additional buzzing noise. (might come from the right ear-cup)

This buzzing noise starts directly when the plug isn't even fully in. The buzzing noise doesn't appear when using it wired and with ANC on with a phone(Nokia 8). No buzzing noise either when wireless connected, only wired with computers and ANC on. ( I've looked around and ground loop seems likely to be the case but not 100% sure.)

This has happened on 2 computers(front and back) , with and without the Fiio btr3 & e10k usb DAC and multiple 3.5mm cables. Sometimes it goes away if i touch the cable when the e10k is on a table and my finger is between the table and the cable and pushing it up slightly, but laying it flat without any strain on the cables doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i'm baffled on how to tackle this issue aside from buying a transmitter for my blue-toothless computer.( mistakenly bought a receiver).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back