Ananda or Edition XS?
Feb 4, 2022 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

GarbageGamer

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking to upgrade my current headphone setup (Sundaras with a JDS Atom AMP+ and SMSL SU-6). I've currently EQ'd my Sundaras to add a slight bit more bass to them, and while I like the technicalities of planars and definitely want to stay in this region, I want something with a larger soundstage, better imaging, and better resolving capabilities.

Looking at reviews, I've currently narrowed down my choice between Anandas and Edition XS's, but due to the small amount of reviews for the XS's, I don't have much to go off of for this choice. Which of these two would you recommend for my use case?

(Keep in mind that I'm willing to buy used and, if necessary, upgrade my stack down the line)

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 11
if you have the budget why not try both and order direct from hifiman? you can return within 30 days. im currently testing both out myself, xs definitely has more bass, ananda more soundstage,clarity/airiness ime

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 11
if you have the budget why not try both and order direct from hifiman? you can return within 30 days. im currently testing both out myself, xs definitely has more bass, ananda more soundstage,clarity/airiness ime
I currently don't have the budget to buy both and compare, so I currently just have to go off of others' opinions.

In terms of technicalities, how would you compare Edition XS to Ananda?

Feb 4, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 11
xs sounds more fun and well rounded, ananda seem to have more details. mostly listening to phish and some house/trance with them
One more question, I had one person tell me that the XS had a very loose fit that was bad for people with smaller heads, is this true?

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 11
I thought fit was good, but think my head is normal size

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 11
Decided to purchase the Edition XS's (hoping it restocks on HEADPHONES.com soon)

Feb 5, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 11
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #11 of 11
In terms of sound signature which of the two comes closer to the HE400i 2020?
The Ananda doesn't. The HE-400i is a much fuller, fun-sounding headphone. The Ananda is very transparent and open sounding. Brighter with more detail retrieval. It's great for Jazz and minimal acoustic presentations like chamber music or guitar or piano solos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back