Analysis Plus Copper Oval Interconnects
Jan 16, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 7
Company line:

A Measurably Better Audio Cable

Analysis Plus Inc., provides leading-edge research and technology in the field of electronic systems and components. Many of our customers are major names in high-end audio and home theater equipment. These manufacturers rely on us for our skills, reputation, and expertise during all phases of product development.

Our recent innovations in audio cable design were prompted by the realization that we could substantially improve the state-of-the art in cable design and performance. Along with our background in electrical engineering, we are also audiophiles and wanted to create the best cables available anywhere--period!

To convey musical information effectively, a cable must provide a structured, low impedance path for the desired signal. This became our goal at Analysis Plus, Inc. We began by applying our expertise in electromagnetic computer simulation and design to rigorously test and study a broad range of audiophile cables currently on the market. Based on what we learned, we then set about designing our own approach to audiophile cables, relying on solid, measurable data rather than subjective claims.

Copper Oval-In Interconnects

These interconnects were designed using our patented hollow oval geometry to control current density in a form suitable for braiding from pure oxygen free copper. The signal lines are then wrapped with a shield to provide protection from EMI/RFI. The result is a super quiet, extremely neutral cable, priced well within any budget.

Some pro reviews:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories...is-oval_e.html

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/a...s_followup.htm

Jan 16, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Best IC made by Analysis Plus is thier more expensive Solo Crystal ICs (better than copper oval or silver oval), I had some for long time until just recently and have tried all three in my system. I feel the much cheaper Grover SR II is at least as good and for many people better overall vs AP Solo Crystal.

Grover SR II is easily better vs AP Copper Oval in my experience.
Actually I think APs much cheaper Oval One IC line is very close to more expensive copper ovals, so close I am surprised they still sell copper oval ICs.

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 7
Well, cable impedance does not matter until the cable get to about a quarter of a wave length long in length. For audio frequencies thats about 2 miles.

For what I can gather about their designs, they should have very high capacitance. This is because you have the braided copper shield-like (essentially) signal conductor, and a very similar shield in close proximity. If the cables have a seperate ground conductor, it could get much worse. Ironically, high capicitance can roll off the high frequencies they are trying most desperately to preserve.

Having said that, I would still buy their cables over most other brands.

EDIT: They have a new top-of-the-line gold plated copper litz wire interconnect out now. The early level model looks like the best of there line, because it has the fewest conductors.

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 7
I ordered myself a pair of these cables, since I manage to get myself a pair for cheap (about 75% off store price).

Sliver cables are too bright for my taste, and my headphones are too ruthlessly revealing. I do not need tone controls, I just want cables that are neutral, and I hope these can give me just that on the cheap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Now I am been offered a chance to get the Grover SR II for very cheap!

I am seriously considering getting both and then selling off which one doesn't match my system as well.

Remember system matching is very important, of course that fact that I want to upgrade my source later on, doesn't help things.

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I ordered myself a pair of these cables, since I manage to get myself a pair for cheap (about 75% off store price).

Heh...those deals are tough to resist aren't they. I got some 75% off new speaker cables (reg $800 USD) a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with them. Burn-in! Bah they were great right out of the box, beyond my expectations actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Now I am been offered a chance to get the Grover SR II for very cheap!

I am seriously considering getting both and then selling off which one doesn't match my system as well.

Yes get both!!! Best plan.
grinning-smiley-045.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back