Analogue Audio Paganini
Feb 26, 2004 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

riddley

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know anything about this Italian CD player? A web search turns up some good reviews. Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with it...

Mar 1, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply...

I see in your profile that you had a NAD 541i. Could you say how it compares to the Paganini?

Basically, I'm choosing between the second hand Paganini and a new NAD C542.

Mar 1, 2004 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 7
I seriously think the Paganini is way better than a NAD541. Since you are buying a 2nd hand paganini, I would advise you to check and test the player throughly before making the purchase.

Mar 1, 2004 at 11:36 AM Post #5 of 7
The problem is that the Paganini is on eBay - it's in another state, there's no way I can test it without buying.

Also, there have been two Paganinis: an earlier one, from 1998 which has a 20/44.1Khz DAC, and a newer version, from 2001, which has a 24/96 DAC. The one on eBay is the earlier version.

Was yours the earlier (with the buttons in a circle and the CD-tray on the left) or the newer one (with the buttons in a straight line and the tray in the middle)?

Mar 1, 2004 at 11:49 AM Post #7 of 7
Right. I now know that both the transport and the DAC were changed between MkI and MkII, so it's actually a completely different player to the one you have heard.
smily_headphones1.gif

Since I posted this thread I've basically decided to get the C542 - it's cheap and it seems to get good reviews here and elsewhere. I think the Paganini is too old for me to buy without auditioning.

Thanks for your help though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back