An upgrades to V-Moda LP1 ?
Jan 16, 2014 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TooPoorForHiFi

Previously known as MidNighTempest
Hello Head-Fi Experts,

Need some help, I have no experience with headphones whatsoever but I have done a little research for the past few days. I'm looking for an Over-Ear  Headphone that is in the price range of $130 - $200 (maybe $20 more). My old music player broke so I plan on getting the FiiO X3 along w/ the headphones. At the moment I don't plan on getting an AMP, but I would consider one in the future. My first headphone was the V-Moda LP1, I've use it over a year now & I would like something better. I'm looking for a headphone that is well rounded in sound quality w/ the type of music I listen to, something that isn't too bassy. Basically one does well w/ all type of music? I mainly listen to JPOP, Anime OST, Electronic/Ambient etc... & a little bit of DnB, Dance/trance/vocal trance, & Chillsteps/dubsteps. Some of the headphone I found are Audio-Technica ATH-WS99, Audio-Technica ATH-M50s & Sennheiser HD558. which one of these or any other headphone you guys would recommend.
 ​

Thanks.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 5
You say not too bassy but coming from the Crossfades I highly doubt you want neutral.

I'd recommend something like the Fidelio X1 or Denon D600? Both around $250 but you could easily snag a used pair for well under.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 5
  You say not too bassy but coming from the Crossfades I highly doubt you want neutral.

I'd recommend something like the Fidelio X1 or Denon D600? Both around $250 but you could easily snag a used pair for well under.

I receive them as a gift. :wink: Those headphone seem to be out of my price range. Any other headphone you would recommend?
  how does the lp1 sound?

I can't really give you a good feedback as I don't have much experience w/ other headphones. The LP1 seems mediocre, a bit bassy & muddy for my taste. They don't seem to be good w/ the music I listen to & often get uncomfortable after an 30mins to an Hour. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 5
bumpy?

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back