an upgrade from E9??
Jan 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hamoor

Head-Fier
hello everyone. am looking for a good amp after my E9 for my HD650 and d2000 (yes the denon does need an amp, otherwise you are paying much for half the quality you could get from the d2000)
anyway, i listen to many genres of music and i love a strong but controlled bass in my music.
what do you suggest?

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 4
The main reason the Denon's "need an amp" is in my opinion the impedance issues. Too many products have too high of an output impedance to pair well with them. Because of that, I don't think the E9 is a great pair with the D2000s.

As for an updgrade from the E9, I guess it depends what you're looking for and what budget you have.

The D2000 and HD-650 are fairly similar in sound signature but present pretty different draws to an amp, so you might want to decide which one you prefer and focus on an amp to pair with it. It might be time to start considering

What about source? Were you using the E9's DAC? If so, the best thing to do is probably upgrade source.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 4
There is no DAC in E9..

I suggest the £100 EHP-O2 from Epiphany since it's in the UK and it will most definately be best bang for the buck (if you are looking for that). Of course there are other options if you need new DAC+amp.

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 4
yes a good DAC would be great.
my source is my laptop/ipad2 and sometimes my nexus phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back