an originally meant-to-be-quick beyer question
Jun 6, 2002 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pitstain

New Head-Fier
do the 250-80's come with the infamously comfortable pads (the ones for v6 mods)?

i'm thinking about returning my 280's and dropping another $70 on the beyers. i've given the senns about 35hrs of break-in, and they're still too much on the bright side for me. to each his own.

i need something warmer, with thicker bass that still maintains a clear sound. the v700dj's get too muddy for me. i listen to mostly hip-hop, breakcore, and (not "nu") metal, with some other misc stuff in between, and the senns dont seem to be doing well with much of it. the clamping also gets to me after about an hour, and i need to take a break. so much for the nice comfort that i thought they had earlier. the beyers sound like theyd be more comfortable, both soundwise and physically.

the 280's are driven well enough on my pcdp, which is really convenient for me. are the 250-80's going to be along the same lines? the impedence is only about 15ohms higher.

i'm going to wait a few days before i send the senns back. they might grow on me, but i doubt it. so far, i'm leaning toward the 250-80's. i thought about just getting another pair of 7506/v6's, but i'd rather find something with more relaxed treble.

Jun 6, 2002 at 9:23 AM Post #2 of 3
Very good idea! yeah, I say go for the beyers. I own them myself and my sony ej925 drives them insanely loud. The thing i love about them is the fact that they are so darn relaxing all the time, yet if you want to you can easily spot out remarkable details in the whole sound spectrum. The seem like just the phones for you with their softer bass and better comfort. It's a win-win situation!! (but only if you buy them)

Jun 7, 2002 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 3
Sounds like the 250-80s will suit your tastes pretty well
smily_headphones1.gif

I enjoy the way the 250-80s present more agressive music, making industrial & hard rock being easy to listen to for long periods of time without fatigue.

The earpads on the 250s are very comfy, UNLESS you have very large ears in which case you might find them squashing your ears a little. I don't know many people who have this problem though, so it shouldn't really be an issue unless you're sure you have dumbo-sized ears
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back