An open letter to Sony
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #32 of 96

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously, Sony can't make much profit from the old X series.  Sony is more towards style and trend rather than serious listening

Then I guess you've never listened to a Sony Walkman mp3 player - or you would have never made such an incorrect statement. Sony IS SQ,...

If you think about the trend in sony's CD players and MP3 layers in general, they are getting smaller, more portable; but definitely less able to drive good headphones.
I'm not saying that sony is not SQ, but Sony is definitely sacrificing SQ for trendiness, which I don't like.

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #33 of 96

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously, Sony can't make much profit from the old X series.  Sony is more towards style and trend rather than serious listening

Then I guess you've never listened to a Sony Walkman mp3 player - or you would have never made such an incorrect statement. Sony IS SQ,...

+1.....even my E345 and S545, low-end models, sounded excellent to me.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #36 of 96
Never heard a player (from my limited/but still OK experience )that does ambience/soundstage depth/bass extension/instrument placement better than sony a729/829
for everything else i've heard better, however in overall SQ sony is really hard to beat.
x1060 could have been damn good only if it had touch3g like power in amp section. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #37 of 96
Sony needs to fill in the blank between the X-series and the PCM-series. Granted the latter is consisted of recorders and the M10 is more inclined to be a DAP than a serious recorder...
Thing is, the X-series is already quite expensive for what it is ($450 CAD for X1060B, Sony Style Canada). I don't know, can Sony make something that runs on Android and is Rockbox-able?
But... as long as iPods exist, I don't think it'll be easy to become the new rave. But Apple is practically a cult. /personal opinion

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #38 of 96

Quote:
Sony needs to fill in the blank between the X-series and the PCM-series. Granted the latter is consisted of recorders and the M10 is more inclined to be a DAP than a serious recorder...
Thing is, the X-series is already quite expensive for what it is ($450 CAD for X1060B, Sony Style Canada). I don't know, can Sony make something that runs on Android and is Rockbox-able?
But... as long as iPods exist, I don't think it'll be easy to become the new rave. But Apple is practically a cult. /personal opinion

Both would be great, the the latter would be a pipe dream.  Sony's firmware is very difficult to crack (although I think some of the OS's are in fact Linux based, so it may be possible).

Regarding your point about Apple and market share, Sony was recently quoted as saying that they intend to be the #2 manufacturer for tablets in the world.  I think everyone tips their hat to Apple's prowess in the market, but 2nd place to Apple is still a good place to be.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #39 of 96
Well... their firmware can be UNIX-based, which can be locked down (Archos, anyone?).
I haven't seen a Sony tablet. I've only seen the Samsung Galaxy and some Fujitsu rotatable-screen portable computers which can't really qualify as tablets. Also HP Slate.
Somebody needs to be up there to compete against Apple. What is so special about iDevices anyway?

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #41 of 96
Reply ? I'd be surprised if anyone 'important' has even read it. My experience with corporations is that the only stuff that matters is a request from someone higher up the chain. You might get a form letter some day, but dont beat yourself up - corporations routinely ignore people with significantly larger problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back