An Offering of Thanks to the Illuminaries of Audio
Apr 27, 2005 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sbulack

Headphoneus Supremus
This thread is intended to provide a place for us to offer recognition and thanks to the creative audio folks whose efforts and accomplishments in audio have so improved our lives - in a place where they'd be likely to see it.
If the mods feel that a different forum is more appropriate, please feel free to move it there.

I wish to express my heartfelt thanks to those Audio Illuminaries whose creative use of audio components, craftsmanlike (obsessive?) attention to getting every detail just right and open-hearted generosity have contributed so very much to my present amazement and joy on a daily basis when I listen to my music on my rig(s).

Phil Larocco and Larry Millegan - For the PPA's birth and the creation and installation of the Dyno-Biased Diamond Buffer into mine. What an AMAZING SOUND they offer! What generosity for their part in making the PPA available as a DIY project!

Norm Dalgarno - For my particular PPA's birth, and his knack for optimizing value through configuration, (and with his newer bufferless amp designs) creativity.

Grover Huffman - For his wonderful Ultimate Reference IC - a masterpiece of audio conduction.

Andrija Ifkovic (AOS) - For all of him that went into the Picollo DAC (which is the beating heart of my source) and the musical enjoyment that I receive daily from it. I will observe a moment of silence for the Picollo, which is available no more.

Again, to you all, I want to recognize your gifts, accomplishments and contributions to the audio world, and to particularly thank you all for how you contribute, daily, to the great joy that is mine when I listen to my rig comprised of your creations.

No reply is sought from The Illuminaries - this is, after all, an offering of thanks to YOU.

Others may want to add their thanks to their Audio Illuminaries. Please feel free to do so.

Apr 27, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Tangent got me started up in this crazy hobby and still motivates me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 4
Countless people here have helped me. I am not going to even try to name them all. Thanks to everyone though.

Still, I would like to specifically mention rickcr42. He is sort of my "anti-illuminary". His posts here help me to keep me priorities straight and remember that more, newer or "gold plated" isn't necessarily better.

Apr 28, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 4
Rick definatly deserves a mention. Not only does he as a moderator keep the thread of our livelyhood from unraveling, but his posts frequently end in an educational orgasm of links to other sites so that we may expand our knowledge.

Rick ur crazy but we love you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back