An MD that can upload??? explain this
Mar 6, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 6
I think that is just a typo. I remember there being a bit discussion about that very think on the Minidisc T-Station board a while ago. Apparently the firmware would have to be radically altered to be able to do this. Even if they implemented this feature, many of the Software houses would have major objections.

PC>MD is all that is currently allowed due to the Digital Rights Management ********
frown.gif

Anyway, if you look further down the page it states:

Quote:

Net MD compatible. Can download music files from a PC at up to 32 times the normal playing speed (when in LP4 mode)

After reading that, I think the first part was definitely a typo.

Well spotted though. If only
rolleyes.gif

Mar 6, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 6
If you haven't heard, in April, Sony is releasing a series of Hi-MD 1GB recorders which can upload analog recordings to a PC.

Mar 7, 2004 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by IpaqMan
If you haven't heard, in April, Sony is releasing a series of Hi-MD 1GB recorders which can upload analog recordings to a PC.

Still can't do the whole 'lets get mp3's from my mate and move back to my pc at home'

aaahhh what a lovely world copyright makes us live in
frown.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by PooJou
Still can't do the whole 'lets get mp3's from my mate and move back to my pc at home'

aaahhh what a lovely world copyright makes us live in
frown.gif

But yes you can. The new Hi-MD recorders are USB powered external 1GB drives to Windows. MP3 files can be moved as data. Unfortunately, they cannot be played on the recorder.

Mar 7, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by IpaqMan
But yes you can. The new Hi-MD recorders are USB powered external 1GB drives to Windows. MP3 files can be moved as data. Unfortunately, they cannot be played on the recorder.

Sorry, yeah thats what i meant, just like the iPod....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back