An Isolation Platform for Turntable ~$600
Apr 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

asebastian0

100+ Head-Fier
I have been looking around at isolation platforms to sit my Scout on but have come to no solutions. Only confusion and nausea when I try to research this matter. What are some of the well regarded ones in my price range (or less)? I am looking for something which will sit on top of my rack and ideally be VERY THIN as my rack is already too tall. Also you may as well list wall mounted ones but I don't know if the studs are in the right place yet. Thanks in advance I usually try to research matters on my own but this area in hi-fi seems particularly difficult for me to research!

Apr 25, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 7
excuse the slight threadjack, but this is something i've been wondering about

the floor of my house is solid concrete. that is to say that in my house we use the concrete slab as the floor (it's polished and is supposed to be pretty etcd - we're not squatters in an unfinished house!)

All my gear sits right on the floor. no racks, no tables. surely my setup must be vibration free simply because there's no chance in hell of my floor vibrating?

Apr 25, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 7
hugz,
its not that your floor vibrates
smily_headphones1.gif
The idea is that you are isolating / decoupling the equipment from a solid base. The micro vibrations from your equipment that you get rid of, are supposed to reap sonic benefits. YMMV, but I suggest doing some research.....its a fine art of tuning and what works in one system might not in another. Experiment and find out for yourself.

~G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back