An intermittent problem with M-Audio Audiophile USB
Dec 23, 2006 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rauer

500+ Head-Fier
I've now had the Audiophile card for a few days and it is feeding my active desktop monitors (Genelec 8020A) from the analog RCA outs. My PC's running Win 2k and I have the latest drivers (win 2k) provided by M-Audio - that are from 2003!

A couple of times the analog output has been defective while starting the system, like the other channel being of very low volume and the other almost silent. Turning the output level dialer made noise like with some old amps. After turning the card off and on again it worked just fine.

I wonder if this is a software or hardware problem? If it is software, I guess it's just something I have to live with. However, if it is a hardware problem, I have to contact the retailer.

Thanks - and a merry Xmas!

Dec 24, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you perhaps using a USB extender cable?
Do you often have to restart tracks, because no sound is coming out when you first hit play?

No and no. The problem has only come up when starting the system. When it starts working, it's fine until I turn of the setup and start again. And it's not every time I have this problem, I've had it two or three times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back