An in ear disaster, please help.
Jun 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
My beloved and well worn monoprices have got the old cable problem,(you have to twist it round to get signal to one side, I.e. one side cable has broken) this I'm sure has left many people in tears... Anyway before I get too distracted, the main points of this are:
A) I'm now left using my Lindy's, and as much as I love 'em, wearing them for extended periods of time are going to be painful due to my (hopefully temporary) ear problem, so I either need to get some more comfortable that don't touch the pea sized spot behind my ear, (Sony MDR xb500?) Or new in ears which served that purpose. Pointers; my source is a moto g, vanilla android phone, not sure what sound card, I'm into djent, techno, electronics and film music. I'm looking for a warm neutral sound, nothing too exaggerated, good strong cables (removable?) Budget, preferably £30 although I'll update as soon as I sell some stuff.
B) I've had this problem three times and it is driving me nuts. Is there any way of preventing it? I am sick and tired of yet another pair of in ears going into the bin, especially after only a short while, I had some radiopaq dots- 1 month, skullcandy jibs - 3 months, monoprice 8320s (r.I.p.) 1 year and a month or so. I treat them okayyy I guess... Could be worse? But any advice would be greatly helpful.
Thanks in advance :)

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 3
Sounds like you should go for something with removable cables, the Audio-Technica IM50s should fit the bill, though it apparently has pretty emphasized bass. Otherwise find someone who can repair the non-removable cables ones or look to earphones with decent strain relief and maybe a 90-degree jack to reduce strain there.

In terms of treating the earphones cables better, make sure you're not wrapping them too tightly when you store them. I like using the over-under method to wrap my cables because it doesn't put the cable under extra strain and prevents tangling. Don't pull them out your ears using the cable, grab the housing properly.

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #3 of 3
thank you so much, price looks good, and I'm just about to look through some reviews, what with the emphasized bass I could just EQ that if it's a problem, and the with the cable advice that's very helpful. Thanks once again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back