An Die Musik !
Jan 29, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #16 of 28
Italians are fond of movies that 'celebrate' the decadence of the bourgeoisie, (maybe because they envy what they would like to enjoy but simply cannot  do... ).

The latest of them, ''La Grande Bellezza'' is a piece of impeccable finesse, every little scene trills refined delicacy, while the music emballishes the whole, like a witch cherishes her infants ...

I have a lot to say to say to this and questions to ask. Thanks.

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 28
the simplicity of beauty ... the beautifulness of simple ... the thing that i most love in Tindersticks, is the voice of Stuart Stapples, however my fav track is an instrumental ....

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #18 of 28
and the music ... oh, the music will always wanders in circles, offering colored ribbons from a lonely carousel, so that you could pick each time the one that  confirms  your mood & matches your  sweltering emotions ...  and you can go on,  pretending that the eternal reformatting of your codes  will save you from loneliness ...

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #19 of 28
... music is never to be  blamed ...  the traitor who turned you in, is usally  your own self ... music only offers ... frames, scaling, relief .. .  she is an ancient goddess, but  if you long to be saved, besides praying you must strive to use your own hands &  certainly not in the rhythm of a bad tempered self-satisfaction...

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #20 of 28
For me, the most beautiful popural music song  ...  whenever I hear it,  spring always visits me, always anew, phantasmagoric, cataclysmic,  like the one described in the Mahler modifications of the Chinese poems, & I  always leave aside reality  and dive into an imaginary, huge, crystal vanilla submarine  ...

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #21 of 28

the art of feeling lonely, but needed ... and the constant effort to make everybody else happy, but yourself ...

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #22 of 28
The fourth ballad ... a moldy but precious pouch full of  half-truths & long, motionless, somber  Sunday afternoons ...  with bold decisions for frontal collision and last minute panic twisting of the steering wheel ... with vocal affections and needy egos, hyperactive wantings, frustrated shots ... 

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #23 of 28
Mahler's second  is the half-open mouth of a dead beloved ... it is the navigation map for the boats of agony, it is the central square where  the demonstration of thousands of queries is taking place...  queries about  the destination stamps in the passport of the diseased, as well in our own ...  it is a bunch of  numb why's, it  is choir of  wonderings: 'what would have happened if' ', it  is a thick rope consisting of  love's carded yarns,  a love that was generously partitioned and sometimes found willing territories, sometimes did rebound on obscured egos ...  it is a  resigned shrug for escaping happiness ... it is the awareness  that from this point onwards, we begin an endless series of rehearsals:  how will our own 'departure' be ? ...  with our mind refusing  to resist the temptation to contrast roles, us as theatrical   mourners, us  as the article of mourning , us waving goob-bye, us being the exodus body ...

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #24 of 28
one of the best modern soundtracks, composed by Rene Aubry for ''Killer Kid' movie ... indeed, one of the most cinematographic pieces, like you're travelling by a train and thousand images are rolling in ....  

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #25 of 28
Wong Kar Wai, besides being an awesome director, picks incredilbe beautiful music to elegantly dress his pictures.... from the masterpiece 'In the mood for love' :

Anybody interested, should also check out the ''2046'' soundtrack ....

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #26 of 28
Melancholy knitting  ... but the needle is so fine that the pain is tingling in every cell,  in every nerve, where it dissipates painful electrical shocks,  making you remember the infinite dust from the myriad shoes that trampled you, most times with your own  tolerance ... so, the ugliest part is to realize that you can not blame any other  than your ownself ...

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #27 of 28
Ιn past times, when  people had a unbearable secret they should finally make out  of them, they used to  climb a high mountain and shout it to the air, or they whisper it in the hollows of ancient  trees, or even trust it with their beloved pets ...

Now, with the international fora thing, everything is far more convenient... you can state anything without harm, stranger indeed among strangers, a lonely unknown nick with an shabby avatar ...
There is this person, Thekla,  the most perfect creature to ever reside in our corner of the universe,  and I do love her a lot,  althοugh I cannot have her ...  I love her with an incredible love found only in the dreamerer of the literature pages, the ones that someone keeps reading in full disbelief as of the fictional of their existence ... nope, I tell you that it can be done, it can surely exist! totally true !  I love her with the incredible love that only emerges out of the delirium of the most exaggerated lyrics of songs  that everyone could bet they do have a deadline and then they' ll burn out fuelled by the emerging feelings themselves.... nope, It can be done, never disintegrated, never annihilated, the same passion can eternally feed itself.  Yes, it is possible to absolutely know the final word that 'll come out of your mouth : her name !
Is this a totally crazed out and messed up thing ? It surely is... who cares ? Is this a logical situation that 'll lead to paradise or crystal happiness ? Surely not ... who cares ? the important is to know, firsthand, that all novels & songs weren't dubious, false or misleading ...they were totally true ... and it is totally worthy for everyone to wait all of his life for such an experience !
She's my Alma and I' ll always picture her descending from her imaginary exquisiteness hill, straight to my arms ...

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #28 of 28
  Next and last for today, the sublime fantasia  in F minor . Schubert wrote it for 4hands, as he was in love with his rich young pupil, countess Esterhazy,  and hoped that they were going to play it together,  thus 'transmitting'' his feeling to her, during playing as he was too shy to put things into words. Unfortunately, he died before any of his dreams come true.  

here comes the first part in a moving collabotarion of two piano giants :

This inspired me to listen to some Schubert tonight. I've been listening to a lot of Debussy recently and need to learn more about Mahler. My knowledge of Schubert is equally quite embarrassing. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back