An Die Musik !
Jan 12, 2015 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

SpirosG

100+ Head-Fier
I enjoy being a member of this international head-fi community. As, more than being an audiophile, I think of myself as a music lover, I' d like to share some -usually off the normal track- divine songs, compositions, pieces, etc., trying at the same to pass on some info or thoughts about it ...  The thread will run into any period, genre, style and category. Everybody is welcome to contribute !

Since I' m a Greek, I'll start with a very sentimental instrumental piece, taken from a soundtrack written by Manos Hadjidakis for the ''Sweet Movie'' ... it is a ode to the ''sexual absence'' as clearly stated in the piece's title...

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 28
Next and last for today, the sublime fantasia  in F minor . Schubert wrote it for 4hands, as he was in love with his rich young pupil, countess Esterhazy,  and hoped that they were going to play it together,  thus 'transmitting'' his feeling to her, during playing as he was too shy to put things into words. Unfortunately, he died before any of his dreams come true.  

here comes the first part in a moving collabotarion of two piano giants :

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 28
An ocean of ubearable longing ... It is weird that an arabic song found its way to a corean movie, centrally framing the whole action ...

Both of them, song and movie are of the highest artistry ...

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 28
this popural aria, from Bizet's ''pearl fishers'' was never heard in such an tender and fragile rendition ... a voice that breaks like an infant sugar cane ...

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #5 of 28
It's been some decades now, that Bob seeds diamonds in the global music field ... you just have to look for them, there are many in any record of him ...

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 28
From the ECM recording ''Chants, Hymns & Dances'' ( a 2004 collaboration between the Greek pianist Vassilis Tsabroupoulos and the german cellist Anja Lechner where they play compositions by the early 20th-century philoshopher, teacher and  mystic G. I. Gurdjieff and some by Tsabroupoulos). A must have record, full of the melancholic spirit of the east that can easily be an ally in your effort to keep everyday nosense out of your mind ..... A masterpiece !

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 28
  I enjoy being a member of this international head-fi community. As, more than being an audiophile, I think of myself as a music lover, I' d like to share some -usually off the normal track- divine songs, compositions, pieces, etc., trying at the same to pass on some info or thoughts about it ...  The thread will run into any period, genre, style and category. Everybody is welcome to contribute !

Since I' m a Greek, I'll start with a very sentimental instrumental piece, taken from a soundtrack written by Manos Hadjidakis for the ''Sweet Movie'' ... it is a ode to the ''sexual absence'' as clearly stated in the piece's title...

I really enjoyed this one. Thanks. Will have to check out the others later.

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 28
it is funny that some u.s. or canadian groups are totally unknown in the Americas, although they enjoy some success (at least between music fanatics) in Europe. One example :

Canadians, their existence flourished three excellent albums....

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #10 of 28
The same situation exists with a really awesome rock- group, the Walkabouts. They don't have a crash in US, however they are deeply loved in many European countries. 

Here's something nice:

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 28
Jan 27, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #14 of 28
Italians are fond of movies that 'celebrate' the decadence of the bourgeoisie, (maybe because they envy what they would like to enjoy but simply cannot  do... ).

The latest of them, ''La Grande Bellezza'' is a piece of impeccable finesse, every little scene trills refined delicacy, while the music emballishes the whole, like a witch cherishes her infants ...

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #15 of 28
One fairly easy way to approach classical music is through the various requiem's & stabat mater's, due to the expressiveness of the compositions and the stirring emotions that emerge during listening. Humans desperately need the comfort of  being helped, rescued, liberated from the misery of their existence, when the latter becomes unbearable ...

This notion is masterfully and with unparallel virtuosity served in Faure's requiem , especially in the following part :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back