An automatic watch...do I just have uncommon tastes?
Dec 29, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um... I don't want to piddle on your strawberries here, but surely if the watch was an anniversary gift, then rushing out to immediately swap it would seem a little off, no?

Just my tuppence ha'penny.

Wow, it took 11 replies to get some actual good advice.

OP, I am not saying that you have to wear the watch until the end of time (I am extremely picky about watches), but you would do yourself a very large favor by talking with your wife about the watch she bought you. Lay it all out in a tactful manner, and see how she reacts before you buy anything. Women are not like men (duh
wink.gif
), and many get their feelings hurt over things like what you wanting to do.

Tread carefully and hopefully it will all work out for you. Just make sure that she does not see this thread, or your ass is on the couch
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #32 of 32
radodiastarblacksteel1_02.jpg

I give you the Rado Diastar. This particular design has been around since the mid-60's, so it's a proven design, uses scratch proof materials, and is a neat mid-century retro-futuristic design if you're into that thing.

They can be had for around $200 used, and I can attest that a 10 year old model will look as new as long as it hasn't been worn while doing heavy labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back