An alternative to FiiO FH3 for hip-hop music
May 19, 2021 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Muniek66

Head-Fier
Guys,

I am looking for an alternative to FiiO FH3 IEMs in the budget up to $200. I mainly listen to hip-hop music. I like the FiiO FH3 for good dynamics, nice differentiated bass, overall musical tonality, ergonomics and isolation from the environment.

But the problem that spoils all the fun is the peak in the upper midrange (in the EQ I have to cut the 8kHz band a lot, which results in a dry midrange). Overall, the upper midrange feels hot, unpleasantly aggressive and shouty.

As an alternative to the FiiO FH3, I consider the most Isn H40. I also take into account such models as Moondrop Starfield and ikko Oh1.

I am very sensitive to sharpness, sibilants. I like musical, warm, but also dynamic sound. My sources are: Radsone Earstudio ES100, FiiO BTR3K, FiiO BTR3, in the future Oriolus 1795.

Maybe you have any advice, suggestions? :smile_phones:

Thank you in advance!

May 22, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Guys,

I am looking for an alternative to FiiO FH3 IEMs in the budget up to $200. I mainly listen to hip-hop music. I like the FiiO FH3 for good dynamics, nice differentiated bass, overall musical tonality, ergonomics and isolation from the environment.

But the problem that spoils all the fun is the peak in the upper midrange (in the EQ I have to cut the 8kHz band a lot, which results in a dry midrange). Overall, the upper midrange feels hot, unpleasantly aggressive and shouty.

As an alternative to the FiiO FH3, I consider the most Isn H40. I also take into account such models as Moondrop Starfield and ikko Oh1.

I am very sensitive to sharpness, sibilants. I like musical, warm, but also dynamic sound. My sources are: Radsone Earstudio ES100, FiiO BTR3K, FiiO BTR3, in the future Oriolus 1795.

Maybe you have any advice, suggestions? :smile_phones:

Thank you in advance!
I have both the Starfields and OH1s - both are great IEMs. The Starfields have a smoother sound signature and handle detail really well without feeling aggressive. The OH1s are much more V-shaped and are fun to listen to. Either pair won't disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back