An 8 year quest: collecting Audio-Technica Clip-Ons
Jan 18, 2019 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JHex2

New Head-Fier
I got into this hobby in 2011, and have had a blast since then. Exploring the possibilities up and down the chain. One goal that was present the entire time was to collect as much of the Audio-Technica Clip-on line as humanly possible. Considering most were discontinued before I started collecting, and never sold in the US in the first place, I knew it wouldnt be easy. By hook or by crook, I picked a new one up about every year. And now my journey is complete. I can finally rest.

SkcOmBV.jpg

Top Row: EW9, EM7, EM7x
Bottom Row: EM9r, EM700ti, EM9d

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 10
Honestly the variance in sound quality isnt incredible, I mean clip-ons arent a thing these days for a reason. In terms of rarity and looks, I am quite partial to the EM9d. I had to beg a Dutch shop that was selling it used that I was willing to pay any price, and any shipping to get it. Good luck finding your own, but it may be awhile :p

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 10
So cool! Thank-you for sharing.

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 10
Honestly the variance in sound quality isnt incredible, I mean clip-ons arent a thing these days for a reason. In terms of rarity and looks, I am quite partial to the EM9d. I had to beg a Dutch shop that was selling it used that I was willing to pay any price, and any shipping to get it. Good luck finding your own, but it may be awhile :p

My eyes went to those first so my audio senses are sharp. :p Had a feeling they are rare since i never seen them before. And yeah I will defo add that to the list.
It is just so damn fine!

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 10
Wow nostalgic Audio zechnica EW9. The top right wooden shell one.

I still have it, nice little portable headphone it is.
I have several other KOSS KSC35/75 clip on before IEM appeared to the market. Maybe it’s a good time trying those, thanks for sharing,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back