Amrita Jovian - loud speaker feedback from owners?
Feb 13, 2008 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Audiofiler

Headphoneus Supremus
Who is familiar with the Amrita Jovian towers series II here? I understand these pillars project superb imaging, is there a member that can comment on these monsters please? What would be a good deal for these speakers in used but good condition?

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #2 of 7
wow, it's been years since i've heard of these. i never did actually get to hear (or even see) them, but martin dewulf of bound for sound was hot on these babies perhaps a dozen or so years ago.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 7
I have a pair of the Amrita Jovian Pillars in what I think was the last version before the guy disappeared (a couple months after I got mine).

I've never heard a speaker I liked more. The high soundstage these provide is very addictive. Combine that with great imaging and a good full-range response, and they're the closest I've come to a live performance from a stereo. And, they actually look very nice if you can get past their formidable height (5'6"). Mine are in storage, sadly, as my current apartment doesn't have a room big enough for them.

I probably should sell them, but I've had hopes that I'll eventually be in a situation where I can use them again. Plus, they're quite big and heavy. Not the kind of thing I'd want to ship, though it could be done, of course.

I'd want to get $1K for them. Originally, they were considered a "bargain" at just over $3K.

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 7
I remember seeing Amrita speakers in an audio showroom here in the KC metro some years ago. I spent some time listening to their $500 model, which had a very visceral sound, and liked it. The company went bust after moving to this area from [was it?] Iowa. I seem to recall that the company suffered losses in the floods of 1993.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 7
I do still have them. They've been sitting in the original boxes for the past few years, awaiting the time when I would have a listening room large enough to use them again. Alas, I'm still in a small apartment.

I'm sort of torn on selling them, because I've never heard another speaker for less than $10K that I liked so much. Plus, they're really beautifully made.

It's also worth noting that Marty's pair was actually an early version with wood bases (versus the black anodized steel bases that mine have).

Anyway, if you're interested, send me an email and we can chat about it. Incidentally, where are you located?

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back