amps for DX1000 D7000
Feb 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

reptillian

Head-Fier
am considering the graham slee solo, novo and the MF X-Can v8P. These all appropriate?

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 22
How about cheap Chinese babys? little dots? I am aiming for one of those, Little Dot MK VII+ ( Little Dot Amplifiers • View topic - Little Dot MK VII+ Balanced Headphone Amplifier ) can go balanced as well, add to that one of the balanced dacs they offer Little Dot DAC_I ( Little Dot Amplifiers • View topic - Little Dot DAC_I Digital to Analog Converter ) As for tube amp Little Dot MK IV is good option, though I have zero experience will little dots but maybe somebody has and can share his thoughts.

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 22
Haven´t heard the Novo but like the goldpoint headphone pro better for the DX 1000then the old Slee Solo.

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 22
What's your budget? The X-Can V8P is very good for stock D7000 and DX1000, but if you plan on modding the D7000s then it's not nearly as good, you'd be better off with something more neutral or forward.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 22
Necrolic How is Audio-GD Compass ?

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 22
Plantronics® Vista™ M22 amplifier :

# Offers superior voice clarity with Clearline™ audio technology.
# Delivers optimized audio levels for superior listening comfort – whatever the call.
# Echo management for clearer calls.
# Protection from loud noises.
# Reduces background noise for clearer calls.
# Volume, headset/handset and mute controls.
# Adjustable incoming and outgoing volume.
# One-button selection of headset or handset.
You may visit :
Ultimateheadsets

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by richardwillyams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plantronics® Vista™ M22 amplifier :

# Offers superior voice clarity with Clearline™ audio technology.
# Delivers optimized audio levels for superior listening comfort – whatever the call.
# Echo management for clearer calls.
# Protection from loud noises.
# Reduces background noise for clearer calls.
# Volume, headset/handset and mute controls.
# Adjustable incoming and outgoing volume.
# One-button selection of headset or handset.
You may visit :
Ultimateheadsets

angry_face.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about cheap Chinese babys? little dots? I am aiming for one of those, Little Dot MK VII+ ( Little Dot Amplifiers • View topic - Little Dot MK VII+ Balanced Headphone Amplifier ) can go balanced as well, add to that one of the balanced dacs they offer Little Dot DAC_I ( Little Dot Amplifiers • View topic - Little Dot DAC_I Digital to Analog Converter ) As for tube amp Little Dot MK IV is good option, though I have zero experience will little dots but maybe somebody has and can share his thoughts.

I am currently driving the DX1000's with the MKVII+ now. The sound is OK but I slightly prefer my Audiotailor Jade (very tubey sound).

I think a slightly-warm amp can make the DX1000's sound sweeter
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #9 of 22
just bought the D7000, so looking for amps for that.

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by pekingduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am currently driving the DX1000's with the MKVII+ now. The sound is OK but I slightly prefer my Audiotailor Jade (very tubey sound).

I think a slightly-warm amp can make the DX1000's sound sweeter
biggrin.gif

Canamp do just that and it just get to much of the "good" to me.

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 22
So basically it is very easy to amp because as it seems everybody amps with anything they like
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by reptillian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Impossible to really help unless we know your budget.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #13 of 22
Easy to get volume but that easy to amp I don´t know... I haven´t tried all that many but my GHP clearly outperforms my Slee Solo also on this one
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #14 of 22
Well, if it is as easy to please as D5000 I am really happy with D10, but maybe because I have not heard anything better.

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Necrolic How is Audio-GD Compass ?

Great for the price, but not the end all be all of amps by any means, nor the end all be all of DACs.

Quote:

We need a budget to recommend amps, but starting from your $600 budget of the X-Can, there are a few recommendations.

First and most importantly, what are you using as a source? If you have a bad or cheap source, there's no sense whatsoever in getting an execellent amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back