Amps at $250...
Jun 21, 2004 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ProParadox

100+ Head-Fier
I've decided to spend this much on an amp, and am currently looking at the gilmore lite. Are there any other options that I've missed? Not much seems to be at this price point. Lots above, and lots below. Let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 8
Are you looking for a portable (battery powered) or a home unit that runs on AC power? If you want to try a META42 portable I have one you could borrow. It runs off of a 9V battery. The META series of amps were popular a year or so ago and work real well.

Jun 21, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 8
You could go for the new Headsave Classic. Order it "maxed out" with the 24v power supply and OPA627 op-amps will get you to $190.

Pretty much depends on if you want a Class A or op-amp based design.

If you want to go for the Gilmore Lite you better hurry! Justin said he was going to raise the price on the new version once the first batch is out the door.

Jun 21, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 8
Gilmore lite is deff the way to go. I've had a maxed out meta42 before and IMO the lite is a much, much better amp.
Also your saving some cash(about 25 or more dollars) if you pre-order the New re-designed gilmore lite which should sounds even better (if you want i'll let you know once I get mine) then the old one, and it's smaller.

edit/typo

Jun 21, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chefguru
Gilmore lite is deff the way to go. I've had a maxed out meta42 before and IMO the lite is a much, much better amp.
Also your saving some cash(about 25 or more dollars) if you pre-order the New re-designed gilmore lite which should sounds even better (if you want i'll let you know once I get mine) then the old one, and it's smaller.

edit/typo

count me on , i'll look for your post about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 8
Gilmore Lite is the way to go, no doubt, it kills the META42/PIMETA, which are inherently colored, every one I've tried. The Lite's only fault is that the mids aren't as full or fleshed out as better SS amps. It is a great fast, dynamic, extended amp at a very low cost in a very attractive case. Best bang for the buck home amp out there, bar none.

Jun 28, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Gilmore Lite is the way to go, no doubt, it kills the META42/PIMETA, which are inherently colored, every one I've tried. The Lite's only fault is that the mids aren't as full or fleshed out as better SS amps. It is a great fast, dynamic, extended amp at a very low cost in a very attractive case. Best bang for the buck home amp out there, bar none.

You think its better than the rega EAR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back