Amplifier suggestions for DT770 80 ohm
Dec 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TRANCEJUNKIE

New Head-Fier
I have just purchased some Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm Headphones and now need a good Amplifier to bring out their best and increase their volume. I listen to electronic dance from a Sansa Clip+ Portable Player. The Fiio E6 I tried was just about good enough, but I had to run it on nearly maximum volume. I am happy to spend up to about £120 and would prefer to use a Desktop amp, but I appreciate these can be expensive. Alternatively, a portable amp that can be charged via mains (not USB) whilst playing would be second best. Please be aware, I will not need to connect this to a PC, just my Sansa Clip. I would welcome any comments regarding a suitable amp that would fit these purposes., especially from those who use a similar setup with the same type of music preference.

Many thanks

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 8
I have just purchased some Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm Headphones and now need a good Amplifier to bring out their best and increase their volume. I listen to electronic dance from a Sansa Clip+ Portable Player. The Fiio E6 I tried was just about good enough, but I had to run it on nearly maximum volume. I am happy to spend up to about £120 and would prefer to use a Desktop amp, but I appreciate these can be expensive. Alternatively, a portable amp that can be charged via mains (not USB) whilst playing would be second best. Please be aware, I will not need to connect this to a PC, just my Sansa Clip. I would welcome any comments regarding a suitable amp that would fit these purposes., especially from those who use a similar setup with the same type of music preference.

Objective 2 headphone amplifier, works off it's batteries or AC, 99 GBP.
http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/headphone-amplifiers/ehp-o2-portable-headphone-amplifier/

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 8
If you are on a tight budget and want a decent amplifier to use on the go, then the PA2V2 from Electric Avenues might be for you. I've used them with the DT770 80 ohms and they sound good. This is assuming you like a darker sounding amp.

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the replies. All seem ideal, although the Magni is currently out of stock.

Before I take the plunge, would the Fiio E07K prove to be an alternative(without a PC) as I believe you can charge via 5 amp mains whilst playing? If so, will it provide sufficient power with my Sansa Clip and the Beyers, as my Fiio E6 is struggling?

Thanks once again

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the replies. All seem ideal, although the Magni is currently out of stock.
Before I take the plunge, would the Fiio E07K prove to be an alternative(without a PC) as I believe you can charge via 5 amp mains whilst playing? If so, will it provide sufficient power with my Sansa Clip and the Beyers, as my Fiio E6 is struggling?

The FiiO E07K should be able to drive the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back