Amplifier suggestions for Beyerdynamic MMX300/Sennheiser PC363D?
Feb 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Scorpion89

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on what amp I should be looking at for the Sennheiser PC363D headphones I have, Or Beyerdynamic MMX300 I'm looking into.
Long story short I've currently got a pair of Sennheiser PC363Ds and I was planning on hooking them up to my PC using my Asus Phoebus sound card, and to my ps3 using my Yamaha RX-V571 receivers headphone jack using silent cinema .
I hooked them up to my Yamaha system last night and they didn't sound the best, so I'm looking to getting a headphone amplifier to perk them up a little.
I'm looking for something that will support CMSS3D or something similar for gaming for use with my ps3, also needs a optical/tosslink port as I'll connect it to my ps3 using that.
I have heard really good things about the Asus Xonar Essence One, would that be a good choice?
Looking at spending around $400.

Another thing I wanted to ask is would it be worth selling the PC363D and getting a pair of MMX300s? A friend of mine has them and hes constantly bragging how much better they are, so hes got me really interested. I've tried the Beyerdynamic DT770 which is apparently what the MMX is based off and I quite liked them, so much more comfortable than the PC363Ds.

Thanks guys!

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 6
If you are planning on selling your 363d, I might be interested in buying them (if I have the money at that point). Just out of curiosity, what happened with the card that the sennheisers came with?

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 6
USB sound card is still there. Just looking at whether I should get the Xonar Essence One, or the Matrix Mini-I, once I've decided that I'll sell my 363Ds.
Where are you located? I'm in Sydney.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Ah I see, I am in the US :/

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi please do let me know if u plan on selling the sennheiser pc363d as I am interested in buying it. Please do let me know if its still available or not. I'm from Brunei by the way.

Apr 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 6
coming back to the original topic are you looking for portability or performance? You can get the something from Foster or Cyberlabs, i've been recommanded to get those by some people. My personal setup will be using some JDS labs C5 cause how portable it is. Btw, if mic is more important than sound than keep the 363D, the MMX 300 is an overpriced DT 770 with a mic. I'm getting my MMX soon and can't wait to test them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back