amplifier remote replacement
Mar 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dmo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using universal/alternative remote control's with separates?

I have a denon PMA-725R integrated amplifier (> 10 yrs old) with IR remote capability. However, I have no remote. The replace remote part is the Denon RC-176 (the same remote is suitable for several of the PMA amplifier series). However, where available it is expensive.

I would be happy with a remote that just controlled the volume and was wondering if anyone knows how difficult it is to get/program a universal remote for an old amplifier such as this? Alternatively, would anyone know if an other denon remote (such as the RC-190 / RC-191 / RC-174) would operate the volume on this unit?

Any advice appropriated.

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 2
A decent universal remote will have built in codes for various gear but it may or may not match your model. I just checked my URC remote database no PMA line but it has 45 gerneric Denon devices, one or more of these may work with your PMA amp. I'd go to remote central.

I'd try and find a URC MX-200 remote, if it's just a CD/amp system it's all you need. But since you have two CDP you might want to look at something higher up. I like URC MX-850 remotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back