Amplifier/ IPOD Rubber Bands
Jul 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

applevalleyjoe

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone other than ALO sell brand imprinted silicone/rubber bands to hold your ipod/iphone and portable amp together? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 34
Nuforce

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 34
Fiio: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280648721579&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Nuforce: http://www.amazon.com/Nuforce-Silicone-Band-Pack-4/dp/B001U5YMGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312009661&sr=8-1

I have the ALOs and the Fiio.  The ALOs are really nice and thick- very secure.  The Fiio is a bit narrower and thinner.  They are both 6" in circumference.  This is key:  Most of those (Lance Armstrong) wristbands are 8" for 'adults' and 7" for 'youth'.  I've actually researched this!  Some of those places where you can order a whole lot of these (with custom colors and printing, etc.) have 'adolescent' size, which is what you want.  I am holding together an iPod Touch (4G) with an Otterbox 'Commuter' and an iQube amp.  This is a pretty thick combo.  What I'm trying to say is if you went with larger bands than the ALO or something that wasn't made for this purpose, it probably won't hold very well.

Don't laugh, but I even tried these for the heck of it:  http://www.daisojapan.com/p-9256-germanium-bracelet-large-6pks.aspx
They were only $1.50 at the Daiso store by my house.  Despite what that website says, they're actually 7" (6.8) which works okay.  But the ALOs grip better.  I've yet to test the effects of the Germanium on the sound though.  Stay tuned for an in-depth review! 
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 34
Mkubota1, you are right...the ALO bands definitely LOOK sturdier!  I also went to ebay (Don't understand why I hadn't done that before) and bought 3 bands for $2.97 plus free shipping.  We'll see how they match up against the ALO.

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 34
I use elastic hairbands from a dollar store, lol! Just a couple, looped, and they get a tight grip on my rig.
The kind with cloth covering.

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 34

Quote:
I use elastic hairbands from a dollar store, lol! Just a couple, looped, and they get a tight grip on my rig.
The kind with cloth covering.

CVS:

Either we're both geniuses or both insane.  I'm leaning towards the later. 
tongue.gif

They work okay.  These are nylon with a rubber strip on the back for grip and don't have any hard parts that might scratch your gear.  In the end though they don't hold nearly as well as the ALOs.  I suppose if your amp is smaller/ lighter, you could give these a try.  I think they were $3-4.

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #9 of 34
Hey Now,

The yellow Live Strong bands at Radio Shack for a buck. Youth size works perfect. Get a receipt and it is a charitable donation which is tax deductible 8^).

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 34

Quote:
CVS:

Either we're both geniuses or both insane.  I'm leaning towards the later. 
tongue.gif

They work okay.  These are nylon with a rubber strip on the back for grip and don't have any hard parts that might scratch your gear.  In the end though they don't hold nearly as well as the ALOs.  I suppose if your amp is smaller/ lighter, you could give these a try.  I think they were $3-4.

Lol, there we go.  Mine are nylon, too, but no rubber grip.  $1 at a local store.  They stretch so much, they could probably hold together large rigs like an imod > imod cap dock > Lisa III (non-lite) or iRiver > D12 > P4 and maybe have a little room to spare.  I have to loop each band to hold my rig together.  Then I slip excess belt through the bands and have my rig attached to my waist like that.  It looks like I'm carrying a fat cellphone or something on my belt under my shirt.

Jul 31, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #12 of 34
I've seen that before... excellent!  I would've liked to have seen the look on your face when you thought of that one.

LMAO.

Probably more like Homer Simpson at a donut store.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 34
I'm currently using velcro straps like the ones on laptop cords.
Other things I've used before are nuForce silicone bands, Livestrong wristbands, Qables silicone bands and velcro straps which inspired me to make my own custom velcro straps.

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 34
Guys, I've been going crazy trying to get Alo Audio or Whiplash rubber bands for my iPod Classic 7th generation and Pico Slim. I'm really going crazy over here, as Alo Audio didn't reply to the several E-mails I sent them and no way in hell will I pay $50+ or $80 for shipping! Can anyone please sell me or direct me or just help me with some advice on how to get these?

Thank you for any input, it will CERTAINLY be GREATLY appreciated!

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #15 of 34
I used the Fiio ones for a while, but have now mover to 3M dual lock velcro, as im not selling my amp any time soon so i dont mind sticking the strips to it. it holds stronger and stays in place, but is a bit tricky to line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back