Jan 29, 2016 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gibant1

New Head-Fier
After reading thousands of posts i've narrowed it down to these:-

Bottleneck crack with speedball,

Schiit Valhalla 2,  

Meier Corda Classic,

Little dot Mark IV

As I live in the U.K. some of the other suggestions aired on the forum are very difficult to get hold of (woo audio etc).

Which is the best option?

Thanks

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 9
The stuff of dreams...

L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibant1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Schiit Valhalla 2,  

Meier Corda Classic,

I'd choose between these two based not on the T1, but on what other headphones you have now or might take in the future. The Classic at high gain should be able to get the T1 loud enough (maybe even at low gain; although my Cantate.2 can't at -10dB low gain setting, but to be fair it was more for Grados and IEMs), but it will excel with lower impedance, lower sensitivity headphones; the Valhalla2 can drive some lower impedance headphones with reasonable sensitivity. If you're quite sure you won't get planars and such, get the Valhalla2; otherwise, consider the Classic.

Another consideration is what source/DAC you will use, plus the price. Valhalla2 with the aesthetically matched Bifrost will set you back less than the Classic+DACcord, but if shipping and any import fees are involved, might as well just reach for the Meier combo.

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the advice.

After ProtegeManiac mentioned the DAC I started thinking the Korg Dac I was using may not be up to the task.

In the end I have purchased the Chord Mojo. Sounds fantastic and powers the T1's no problem at all. As to whether I should consider a seperate amp at a later date I'm unsure..

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibant1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After ProtegeManiac mentioned the DAC I started thinking the Korg Dac I was using may not be up to the task.

In the end I have purchased the Chord Mojo. Sounds fantastic and powers the T1's no problem at all. As to whether I should consider a seperate amp at a later date I'm unsure..

The Mojo won't have the same aesthetic matching issue as a DAC that would sit under the amp, so in this case if you do get a separate amp, you can just hide the Mojo behind it. I do that with my D-Zero when using it as a DAC with a desktop amp.

Still, the Mojo doesn't seem to have a line out (looking at pics right now, both outputs have a headphone logo), so just stick with that one and concentrate more on listening than upgrading anything for a while.

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #7 of 9
Holding the volume buttons together when you power on turns the headphone sockets to line out.

I think you your right tbh, time for some listening!

Thanks for all the advice.

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 9
Yupp.
I agree. Even the previous version blasts out T1's without problems.
Soon to compare with Mojo, whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back