Amplifier/EQ Solution for bi-amp'd speakers?
May 16, 2015 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ShearMe

New Head-Fier
I have a somewhat old but good sounding DVD speaker system I use at my computer, and I just killed the receiver unit. The speakers themselves are bi-amp'd, with four wires coming out the back (no binding posts). Is there a home theater receiver which can handle this task properly, or am I going to have to resort to some DIY hack sauce?

May 16, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 4
That's not true bi-amping. Bi-amping passive speakers with a home theater receiver really serves no purpose. People just think it does.

Get the best receiver you can for your money and don't worry about it. You can run two sets of speaker wires from each speaker and then connect both pairs to the same channel. Or use whatever clips came with the speakers to connect the back of the bi-amp posts.

May 16, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 4
That's not true bi-amping. Bi-amping passive speakers with a home theater receiver really serves no purpose. People just think it does.

Get the best receiver you can for your money and don't worry about it. You can run two sets of speaker wires from each speaker and then connect both pairs to the same channel. Or use whatever clips came with the speakers to connect the back of the bi-amp posts.

Thanks for not reading my entire post. I specifically stated that my speakers do not have four posts or terminals. That have four wires - two for the low woofer, two for the mid woofer and tweeter. Connecting all four to the same output without crossovers is really dumb advice.

May 16, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for not reading my entire post. I specifically stated that my speakers do not have four posts or terminals. That have four wires - two for the low woofer, two for the mid woofer and tweeter. Connecting all four to the same output without crossovers is really dumb advice.

You did not say that your speakers do not have crossovers. Did you?

But if you'd rather gripe about that instead of finding out whether or not a home theater receiver serves your needs, that's fine.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back