amplification for HD-590's
Feb 5, 2004 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

THeX

Head-Fier
Hi all!

Yay! Finally I purchased my first set of hifi cans after been doing research reading all these threads, intially I was going to buy a pair of HD600's and an amp, but then I saw a deal on a brand new pair of HD590's and just couldn't resist (Sennheiser is stupidly overpriced in Australia), but I thought the price for fair and snapped it up. So far, I'm loving em!

Now that my headphones have had some decent burn-in, I'm considering an amp. I've searched the threads and read that the X-Cans pair nicely with the HD590. I just want to be 100% sure with members (i'll be auditioning it too).

Currently in Melbourne I've seen a handful of Hifi stores still carrying the X-Can v2, so I guess cos its superseded by the v3, I could probably get a bargain price for it.

Does anybody recommend I go with the X-Can v2? I'm also considering the Perreaux SXH1 as well.

But I'm going to do some lengthy auditioning before purchasing.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Feb 10, 2004 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 4
I had my HD590 paired with an Emmeline XP7 for a time, and the pair sounded great. ...come to think of it, the XP7 sounded great with ALL the cans I paired it with
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 4
THeX
HI: When I had the 590s I used a headsave Meta42 and the 590s sounded great. Now that amp would be the pimeta at about the same price. The 590s don't need a expensive amp IMO. I will now use the ultra meta42 amp with my 595 when I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back