amplification fact
Mar 5, 2008 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

12v

Head-Fier
ok first off this thread is sure to get bashed, but however ill back up my claims with technical data.

Dont want to pick a fight with anyone, just want to prove my point to actually save money or educate a few thats willing to listen.

ready? here we go... all amps CAN sound the same period.

So why go and spend hundreds of dollars when you can achieve the same results for far less?

Asking your self whats the best amp I can buy? The answer is simple. The one that offers the most power, and adjust ability for your purpose. Thinking about a tube amp? you can make any amp sound like a tube amp with a simple resistor.

Post away...

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 51
There is no need to back up your claims. It is pointless. All the technical data in the world does absolutely nothing for me. I'll allow my ears and experience to guide me.

I hate threads like these.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 51
I completely understand your point. maybe this thread is pointless or completely unnecessary. If it is please any moderator delete this thread.

however since you posted the comment, just ask your self one question? Do your ears lie to you? They will more than your amp. think about it. Just shut your eyes for a few minutes while listening to a song, then open them again. Does the sound change?

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 51
So you are saying that all amps don't sound the same.. unless you mod them until they do? I'm also curious as to what the benchmark for this "same" is, a theoretical perfect amp?

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12v /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok first off this thread is sure to get bashed, but however ill back up my claims with technical data.

Dont want to pick a fight with anyone, just want to prove my point to actually save money or educate a few thats willing to listen.

So why go and spend hundreds of dollars when you can achieve the same results for far less?

Asking your self whats the best amp I can buy? The answer is simple. The one that offers the most power, and adjust ability for your purpose. Thinking about a tube amp? you can make any amp sound like a tube amp with a simple resistor.

Post away...

You can keep saying this but until someone builds a $100 amp that sounds as good as my SP Extreme, I wont buy your theory.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 51
Quote:

Post away...

I'm ready to be educated. Where's the data?

Tim

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 51
Can you say troll?

Back up your claims or don't post please.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 51
indeed- this post is pathetic. you clearly are aware of it's reception, and you offer nothing but the very most minimal effort so as to cause provocation. this thread offers absolutely nothing

troll.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 51
System sound as good or as bad as the weakest link in you system (ears included). So if the amp isn't the weakest link you statement is true.
You just short charging yourself.
Vlad

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

Well you've picked the fight, please at least do half and prove your point. You can save yourself from troll status with educated discussion.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #12 of 51
Yeah, this seems like a troll. You claim that you can prove all amps sound the same, but then fail to provide the evidence for it. People who have real proof of a controversial theory don't do that.

Go climb back under your bridge, troll.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

Thinking about a tube amp? you can make any amp sound like a tube amp with a simple resistor.

Find me one solid-state guitar amp that sounds as good as a tube guitar amp. Solid-State has been trying to be tubey sounding since it came out.

Wanna go for just "audiophile" amps? Sansui used to make their solid state warm and musical like their more expensive tube gear, but they still had tube gear for a reason.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #14 of 51
guess your all right, and yes i was a dumb ignorant person for posting this in the first place. sorry.

I didn't realize until after i posted it that i would get this response. As far as technical data goes... it would be useless at this point because im sure it would not accomplish anything... again it would be pointless and just raise more drama to this thread.

So again sorry for even starting this thread, and good luck to everyone in their audio nirvana.

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

guess your all right, and yes i was a dumb ignorant person for posting this in the first place. sorry.

I didn't realize until after i posted it that i would get this response. As far as technical data goes... it would be useless at this point because im sure it would not accomplish anything... again it would be pointless and just raise more drama to this thread.

So again sorry for even starting this thread, and good luck to everyone in their audio nirvana.

You should cruise over to the For Sale section and see if anyone has a spine for sale...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back