Amping Yuin PK1s?
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #16 of 17
Nono, I'm fine with DIY stuff, it's just that I hear all these great things about the MOVE's sound...

but now I'll probably just settle for the Porta Corda MKIII since it's so cheap... $85 with AC adapter...

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nono, I'm fine with DIY stuff, it's just that I hear all these great things about the MOVE's sound...

but now I'll probably just settle for the Porta Corda MKIII since it's so cheap... $85 with AC adapter...

Honestly, I'd rank the Mini^3 as good or better than most of the designs out there, commercial or otherwise, as far as portables go. Just because it's cheaper and "DIY" doesn't mean it is inferior. I actually often find DIY to pursue more ambitious design goals. The Mini^3 just has lower production overhead and profit margins bumping the price up. I imagine if it cost $250 more and had a pretty case, perceptions of it as high end would be obtained even if performance were no different. If I were you I'd spend the extra 40 dollars and get the Mini^3; I prefer it to the move. It's somewhat precarious to base a purchasing decision just on how much hype or publicity it gets in this hobby
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back