Amping the MA750i
Jul 21, 2016 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

CaptainKirk

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

I'm new to the head-fi forums, and i've recently been looking at buying a desktop amp to complement my at home listening. Though I've been an audio enthusiast for quite some time, I could use a little bit of assistance.

I do not yet have a formidable headphone collection, consisting of little more than my Sen 280HD, Sen cx1.0, RHA MA750i, and JVC HA-FXT90 (which currently have a frayed cable). I am most interested in amping my MA750I'S, as they have a great sound signature, and I'd love to get more out of them. My current audio setup is...

Fidelia (MacBook Pro) -> Fiio X3ii DAC -> headphones.

My signature taste would have to be an organic, natural sound, with a wide soundstage and detailed resolution.
I like my mids clear and detailed, treble extended but not too sharp, and quality bass but not too quantized.

I'm particularity interested in Schiit products (specifically the Mjornir), and my budget is around $800CND (that's about $611USD at the time of writing, for all you Americans)

Do you think the Mjornir would be a good buy, or should I go for a solid state amp, in comparison to a tube?

Any suggestions or tips would be very much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back