Amping my Ultrasone Pro 900s | E11 or E17?
Sep 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kookajamo

New Head-Fier
I'm about to purchase some Ultrasone Pro 900s and I can't decide whether to get the E11 or E17.

Some people say the Pro 900s need amp, some say they don't, I just thought I'd get one to be sure. 

I'm only interested in sound quality, money isn't important to me, I just want to know if the E17 will produce better sound then the E11 for me or if I can just buy the E11 and get the same expierence. 

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I'm about to purchase some Ultrasone Pro 900s and I can't decide whether to get the E11 or E17.

Some people say the Pro 900s need amp, some say they don't, I just thought I'd get one to be sure. 

I'm only interested in sound quality, money isn't important to me, I just want to know if the E17 will produce better sound then the E11 for me or if I can just buy the E11 and get the same expierence. 

Impedance wise the ultrasone is pretty linear, so audio quality wise I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll make. However, you'll be able to make it a bit louder if using with phone or pmp.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

I will let you know after i pick up my E10 today :wink:

They are good unamped tho...plenty of volume!

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Incredible just got my E10, yes your should amp your Pro 900's...Fuller sound, wider soundstage, fuller bass....damn...this is so nice. The bass...comes alive...everything has body now.

I haven't even used the bass boost yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back