amping an hd 595
Jan 19, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
So the 8397 isn't good for Senn? How about the stock OP285GS ones? He offered 4 optionals opamps and i am confused which to get.

Cant say about the 8397 yet (not tried it yet) search and you will find others that have it in go-vibes.

But the ones I have tried are as follows:

2777 - OK detail, OK full sound, thin bass. (battery run time very good)
8066 - Good detail, nice full sound. OK bass. (battery run time poor)
8620 - Great detail, great full sound. Great bass. (battery run time great)

The 285GS has a little less detail than the 8620.

If you have Senns then 8620 is a great choice. If your a Grado man then this info will not valid.

R
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #17 of 23
Thanks for the advise Raymate. Yeah i've read about some have the 8397 in govibes, thats why i asked. The thing is, i have Senns and Grados.
tongue.gif
So i gather that if i will to get a govibe, it will be a 285GS and 8620.

Anyone have a clue how the Kilo soft-touch volume knob looks like? Black?

Jan 19, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
Thanks for the advise Raymate. Yeah i've read about some have the 8397 in govibes, thats why i asked. The thing is, i have Senns and Grados.
tongue.gif
So i gather that if i will to get a govibe, it will be a 285GS and 8620.

Anyone have a clue how the Kilo soft-touch volume knob looks like? Black?

I see... like you say get the two op-amps, Norm would be able to advise you on the Grado side of things as I think he uses both type of cans.

From what I have read I think your selection for the two op-amps is the best combo.

Norm is going to put up some pictures soon of the "knob" I asked him a couple of weeks ago, like you I want to see images before I decide.

Jan 19, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #20 of 23
I'm going to add the Senn MX500's. Why? Cheap and decent - great bang for the buck in an earbud. When you need something small to take with you that's likely to go through a rough time, look no further. Also, many people know what it sounds like, so it's a good one to which you can compare other buds/portables.

Jan 20, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymate
I see... like you say get the two op-amps, Norm would be able to advise you on the Grado side of things as I think he uses both type of cans.

From what I have read I think your selection for the two op-amps is the best combo.

Norm is going to put up some pictures soon of the "knob" I asked him a couple of weeks ago, like you I want to see images before I decide.

Hey i found a picture of the Kilo soft-touch volume knob here and this is the thread. I was expecting the whole thing to be black. Blue LED seems to be the 'in thing'.
eggosmile.gif

I am still deciding if the AD8397 is worth getting as well.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back