Amperex PQ pinched waist goldpins - woohoo pure magic :)
Feb 8, 2004 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spent&Bent

500+ Head-Fier
After reading joe's tube lore I understand why I am still listening to my EMP at 3 AM... according to him the tubes I 'm using right now are the best that you can get of the type.
These things are simply so stunning I was asking myself am I getting crazy because it had more impact switching to these then the gain tube switch earlier!!, the old tubes even seemed broken to me so huge was the change.

I have 4 of these matched, as I understand they have a life of 10,000 hours so I can run them a full year non-stop same as the gain tube.
The pinched waist is not that obvious at first until you look closely, I was not even aware of it and it was not mentioned on the ebay auction I won I think, I'm such a yahoo hahaha but a lucky one this time.
I got such a deal I even wondered if these were fakes but they have every amperex sign and build, besides the pinched waist ofcourse that no sylvania has.
I still can't believe this, I'm happy like a little kid again
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Yes they are a great tube,use them in the melos maestrobator only the 7volt heater ones ,but have used th6volt heater ecc88 version also. My refarance tube for the melos and everything joe says about the tube is right on the money.

Feb 8, 2004 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 3
I can't wait to hear the set I got from you bozebuttons! (I have a set sitting around waiting for the Maestrobator).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back